Wednesday, December 14, 2011

BB in the ear!

Before I post the pictures I think that I need to explain my self. First we had to be at the hospital at 6am. So we got up at 5:45 of course, because I can't understand the need of getting out of bed before 6. So I look o so lovely, and I forgot my camera. So these picture are taken with my phone, and they were awful. All that being said, I will start the story.
On Wednesday I went to pick my kids up for Taleesa's house. While there I got talking to Taleesa about things, and was trying to heard the kids out the door at the same time. While doing this Bryson told me he found a bb. I simply said cool bud go get in the car. While he was sitting there so patiently he decided to put that bb in his ear. In his words it was for, "Safe keeping." I thought yep it is safe all right no one can get it from you in there. So I called the pediatricians office and made an appointment for later that day to get it taken out.
This time I thought it shouldn't take that long it must happen all time. There is no way that my son is the one child to ever do this. We waited and waited for almost an hour for the doctor to see us, and once in the room we waited again. The doctor finally came in, and tried one thing after another to get this bb out but it wouldn't budge. After another hour of trying the only thing that was accomplished was me learning that the most common object stuck in a child's ear is a popcorn kernel. Two hours later I left the office with that information and the number of an ear nose and throat doctor. This time my thoughts were he really did put it in a safe place.
The next day I called this doctors office got an appointment. The appointment was scheduled for 11:00 a.m and we didn't even see the doctor for an hour and half. This doctor tried everything that he could. He tried suction, water, and holding him down but that bb was not moving. The final option was surgery. They were going to have to sedate him so that they could reach deep enough to get it out. So now I was leaving this doctors office 2 and half hours later with number to the hospital to register my five year old for surgery. My thoughts were really how much is this bb going to cost me.
So on Monday morning at 6 am we arrived at the hospital and we're really ready for this bb to come out. It took the nurses an hour to get us checked in, 15 minutes to convince Bryson to take the sedative, and another 30 minutes for it to kick in enough for them to take him back. Brandon and I walked out into the waiting room, and he went to the car to get his book. Before he returned the doctor came out and gave my that darn bb. No joke after waiting around for almost two hours he got it out in ten minutes.
Such a handsome little boy all dressed and ready to go.

The ugliest picture of me ever, but this is my brave little boy.
He was getting sleeping!



Recap: $25 to the pediatrician and two hours of my life
            $50 to the ear nose and throat doctor and two and half hours of my life
            $$$$$$$ for the hospital (REALLY) and another two hours of my life, and it was out in less than ten minutes. This is the most expensive bb ever made.
Really it is a good thing I love him so much!

1 comment:

  1. So happy that it all worked out... Cutest boys ever and I love reading your blog, hopefully you will blog more so I can keep up with these two adorable boys...

    ReplyDelete