Sunday, December 11, 2011

I did it!!!

This picture has nothing to do with the post, but it's the only one I have of me!
 
I finally graduated from College!!!!! I know it has taken me so long, but I did it. There were a lot of tears, and times that I wanted to quit but it was worth it. I always wanted to get my degree. I just didn't figure out what I wanted to be until Jaxon was born. I struggled with depression after his birth, and lack of sleep. This beautiful little boy didn't sleep through the night until he was eight months old. When I say sleep through the night I mean sleep at all. He was up every 15 minutes crying, and many nights we both cried ourselves back to sleep. It was during one of those long nights that I was praying about the direction my life was taking, and if it would be possible to achieve my goal of being a college graduate when I looked down at my beautiful son (of course he was awake) I thought I should go back. If I can make it 8 months without sleep with a one year old, then school will be easy. My decision to become a teacher I owe to my amazing aunt Cheryl. She told me that I could do it, and was able to see my strengths when I wasn't. I owe this little man for challenging me in a way that I didn't know I could be, and showing me that I am stronger then a think. It's amazing what your children can teach you, and that is also true for my children at school. I have learned so much from them all, and I'm so excited about my future.

Thanks to all my family that supported me and my family through this time. My little sister Taleesa was amazing and watched my boys every Wednesday for the past year. She had to get up, and come to my house with her own little man in toe. She never complained to me, and I owe her so much. This last semester my mom had Jaxon every Tuesday, and she too had to get up so that Brandon could drop him off and get to work by six. Davi would take by boys anytime I needed to get to school and Brandon wasn't home from work yet. The first semester Chelsie had them three days a week for a few hours while I went to class. Brandon, man, I don't know many husbands that would put up with all that I have put him through. There were many nights that I was doing home work and he took care of the boys. He would have them ready for bed, and all I had to do was kiss them good night. Many days he wore dirty socks to work, because I was too busy to do laundry.

WOW writing this is making me cry. I'm such a lucky girl. My family is awesome and their support has meant more to me than anything else. Your love has amazed me and I hope one day I can return the love that you have shown me.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! I am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ARE amazing! Seriously, I'm so proud of you and look up to you so much. I hope one day I can do it too. Thanks for being such a good example.

    ReplyDelete